Answered By: Rebecca Mackle
Last Updated: Feb 03, 2016     Views: 30

There are many sources of copyright-free moving images. More information can be found on the Copyright Guide.

If you want to use broadcasts, we recommend that you explore the options available via the Box of Broadcasts resource. BoB is a streaming service available via the BUFVC. Under the terms of the BoB licence you can show materials from TV channels, subject to the following terms:

  • recordings may not be copied or stored 

  • clips can be used e.g. for teaching, presentations, or on the VLE 

  • recordings made with BoB can only be shown in the UK - so they may not be used for overseas distance learning courses

You can also re-use content recorded under our ERA licence - this can be found in the library's collection.

You may also like to work through the online tutorial on finding copyright-free moving images on the Internet.