Answered By: Lina (Support Adviser) Last Updated: Jul 14, 2017 Views: 16
Microsoft Office documents can be lost in certain situations. For example, the document may be lost if an error occurs that forces Word to quit, if you experience a power interruption while editing, or if you close the document without saving changes.
Note Some lost documents may not be recoverable.
If the Recovery pane does not open, manually search for AutoRecover files:
1. On the File menu, click Open, and then click Recent Documents.
2. Scroll to the end of all recent documents, and then click Recover Unsaved Documents.
3. If you find the Word document that you are looking for, double-click it to open it.
4. Save it immediately.
For help and support on IT please contact your University Library in the following ways:
- Book an IT Adviser system or you can contact in person within the Campus Libraries
- IT Drop-in sessions 12.00 - 14.00 Monday - Friday taking place in the Consultation Room in the University Library during term time
- Telephone: +44(0) 1245 686600
- Online Enquiry Service