Answered By: Lina (Support Adviser) Last Updated: Sep 28, 2018 Views: 54
Microsoft Office documents can be lost in certain situations. For example, the document may be lost if an error occurs that forces Word to quit, if you experience a power interruption while editing, or if you close the document without saving changes.
Note Some lost documents may not be recoverable.
If the Recovery pane does not open, manually search for AutoRecover files:
1. On the File menu, click Open, and then click Recent Documents.
2. Scroll to the end of all recent documents, and then click Recover Unsaved Documents.
3. If you find the Word document that you are looking for, double-click it to open it.
4. Save it immediately.
For help and support on IT please contact in the following ways:
- You can contact in person within the Campus Libraries
- Self Service: www.anglia.ac.uk/itsupport
- Telephone: +44(0) 1245 684357
- Email us email@example.com
- The unsaved document tab is blocked and you are asked to contact the network administrator. It's depressing.
- As you use a virtual desktop to access Word on campus, Word does not have access to the usual C drive which is used by the unsaved document tab. Some files will be recoverable from the H drive (to do this go to Recover Unsaved Documents, press ok on the error message and browse to H drive) and if they are not there then the data is lost.