Answered By: Lina (Support Adviser) Last Updated: Oct 25, 2018 Views: 1882
Before installing the latest version of Office to a personal device you will need to have completed the steps under Accessing Microsoft Online Web Applications.
Accessing Microsoft Online Web Applications (Word Online, Excel Online, PowerPoint Online, One Drive)
- Navigate to my.anglia.ac.uk and select the email icon from the Quick links list.
- You will be redirected to the Anglia Ruskin log in page.
- Once the Anglia Ruskin log in page has loaded, enter your Full Username (email@example.com) and Password and Click Sign In.
- Once signed in, you will see this notification. Click on it.
- On the following page, click Sign in, then go to Step 10.
- If you were not signed into your student email account or did not see the notification, go to https://portal.office.com/
- Enter your full username (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org). Click in the password box.
- You will be automatically redirected to the Anglia Ruskin log in page.
- Once the Anglia Ruskin log in page has loaded, if not already populated enter your Full Username (email@example.com) and Password and click Sign In.
- Your Office web apps will now be activated and you should see that they are being set up in your account.
- The next time you sign into your student email account through Webmail you may have a notification informing you that you have new apps.
- Click on the tile icon at the top left of the screen. Your new web applications will be displayed here for use through your Student email account.
Downloading the latest version of Office to a personal device (laptop or PC)
We recommend that users leave at least 30 minutes from completing the steps under Accessing Microsoft Office Web Apps to then downloading a version on to your personal device. This is to ensure a smooth download process to your personal device.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION REGARDING EXPIRY:
Access to your downloaded version of Office will expire as soon as you cease to become a student. At this point, any documents saved on your student account will also become inaccessible. You will not be able to renew a subscription with your student account as you will not have access to your student email account so you must be sure to download all of your documents prior to finishing your course.
Further to the above, downloading a copy of the latest version of Office via our Office 365 educate licence will render all previously licenced Office applications installed on your personal device unavailable until such time as you cease to become a student and your account expires. You should be able to resume using your previously installed versions of Office providing that your licence is still valid.
- Click on the Cog icon in the top right corner. When you see the Settings menu click the Office 365 link under the Your app settings header.
- From the menu on the left, select Install status. If you have already installed Office on a different device, it will show here. That doesn't mean you need to uninstall. Click on Install desktop applications to go to the installer screen.
- Here you can see the list of applications to be installed. If you are using a 64-bit device, click on the Advanced link to change the version. When you are ready, click Install.
- The software installer will begin downloading. Follow the installation steps.
- Office will now install. You will see a page with grey tiles indicating the installation status of each application. You will need to wait until the installation bar reaches 100% before exiting.
- Find your newly installed version of Word on your machine and open it.
- You will need to read the Microsoft Office License Agreement. Click Accept to continue.
- Once open you will see a message located on the top right hand side of the application "Sign in to make the most out of Office". Click the link and a sign in will appear. (If you do not do this Microsoft will limit you to a 30 day free-trial)
- Enter your full username into the box (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and click Next
- The Sign in window should once again redirect to the Anglia Ruskin portal, with your full username already filled in. Enter your Anglia Ruskin Password. You may need to use your tab key to locate the Sign In button. Once located with the tab key, press enter on your keyboard
- You are now signed in to your Student Office 365 account on all Office Applications. You can see information about the account you are signed in with at the top right corner. Click on your name and go to Account settings for more information about your Office 365 student account.