Answered By: Lina (Support Adviser) Last Updated: Mar 16, 2017 Views: 1461
If your assignment has been set up to require an Originality Report (please check with your module team), Turnitin will only accept files in the following formats:
1. Microsoft Word (.doc/.docx)
2. OpenOffice Text (.odt)
3. Google Docs via Google Drive
4. WordPerfect (.wpd)
5. PostScript (.ps/.eps)
6. Adobe PDF
7. Microsoft PowerPoint (.pptx,.ppt,.ppsx, and .pps)
8. Microsoft Excel (.xls and .xlsx)
10. Rich text format (.rtf)
11. Plain text (.txt)
12. Hangul Word Processor file (.hwp)
Please note that Turnitin does not currently support:
1. Microsoft Works (.wps) file types.
2. Apple Pages file types.
3. Spreadsheets created outside of Microsoft Excel (i.e. .ods).
Turnitin also enables students to copy and paste the body of their assignment directly into a text box, please note it is likely all formatting will be lost.
The system currently accepts files up to 40MB - irrespective of the file type being submitted. If your file is over the 40MB limit – try saving it as a PDF.
Further Help and Support on Turnitin is in the links below.